Stampin Up Lift Me Up stamp and Die Set Bundle

 

I made this card on Sunday, and hoped to share with you what I used and I it was made. Sunday turned out to be a very difficult day because we lost one of our lovely cats Tarin. In fact, my blog was named in honour of his twin brother Nero who died in January. So the loss of another cat was not only devastating, but to lose another within six months was doubly cruel and heartbreaking; but death is a fact of life, sadly.


Ingredients:

  • Lemon Lime Twist cardstock (for the cardbase) from Stampin Up,
  • Dapper Denim cardstock from Stampin Up,
  • Lift Me Up stamp set and die cut bundle from Stampin Up,
  • White cardstock from Stampin Up,
  • Glue,
  • Foam pads,
  • Yellow, Orange and Green Chameleon pens,
  • Sizzix Big Shot,
  • Life Me Up designer series paper from Stampin Up,
  • VersaCraft ink pad black.


Process:


  1. The Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and Dapper Demin cardstock, and white cardstock were already trimmed to size, so I didn't need to do anything else here,
  2. I stamped using black VersaCraft ink several big hot air balloons and several small hot air balloons onto the white cardstock,
  3. I coloured the hot air balloons in yellow, orange, and green Chameleon pens,
  4. Next, I die cut the hot air balloons,
  5. I decided to use the Lift Me Up designer series paper to die cut a few clouds which would give depth to the card, I decided to not use any colour but to cut the shapes,
  6. I glued the Dapper Denim to the cardbase,
  7. Before gluing the hot air balloons to the card, I arranged the balloons on the card to see how they would look,
  8. I glued the hot air balloons to the card,
  9. I did the same to the clouds,
  10. Next came the decoupage bit,
  11. You may not be able to see on the photo but I placed foam pads on the back of a couple of the hot air balloons I decoupaged them to give the illusion of depth.
  12. I did the same with the clouds,
  13. My usual style is to stamp an image on the back, but this time I placed a balloon on the back!
  14. That's it ... I think?

What I liked:

  • Decoupage is one of my favourite techniques of all time,

Techniques

  • Stamping,
  • Colouring,
  • Die-Cutting,







Comments