Paper Crafts Course Card Submissions: Second of Three.


Lift Me Up - This was one of my three submissions.

What I did

Ingredients:


  • Stampin Up Lift Me Up stamp set and die bundle,
  • Foam pads,
  • Orange cardstock from Stampin Up,
  • White cardstock,
  • Midnight Navy ink pad from Stampin Up,
  • Peekaboo Peach ink pad from Stampin Up,
  • Glue,
  • Scissors,
  • Water brush,
  • Acrylic block,
  • Sizzix Big Shot.

Process:

I made this at a Stampin Up class I attended run by my friend and Stampin Up demonstrator Susan Simpson http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/craftyduckydoodah/


  1. Using the midnight navy ink pad, I stamped the bigger hot air balloon onto the white cardstock,
  2. Using the peekaboo peach ink pad, I stamped the bigger hot air balloon onto the orange cardstock,
  3. Using the Sizzix Big Shot and the dies which came with the bundle, I put the die over the stamped images and die-cut them twice,
  4. I put these to one side,
  5. Using the cloud dies, I die-cut two big and 2 small clouds,
  6. I dipped a water brush into a blue ink pad (forgot name) and ran this across the block creating a sky background effect as shown in the picture and stamped the front of both cards,
  7. Next, I used a small heart punch for the little hearts shown on the clouds,
  8. Using the other hot air balloon, I inked the stamp using midnight navy ink pad and stamped the bottom of the card and inside the card. This gives the effect that the hot air balloon is going out of our line of vision (and off the page!)
  9. I put these bits to one side so I could get ready to create the card,
  10. I put foam pads on the hot air balloons, clouds, and hearts.
  11. I placed the hot air balloons on the blue sky.
  12. I placed the clouds (a bit of clue) on the balloons slightly covering to give the illusion of depth,
  13. Lastly, I put the hearts on the clouds.

Techniques Used

Stamping: Is a technique that does take time to master. I am by no means an expert. So I thank Susan Simpson for holding this wonderful craft class. I do love Stampin Up products for their incredible products which are top quality. 

The Life Me Up stamp and die set is my favourite set of all time! I will share my final submission with you over the weekend. In the meantime, please read, comment and share. 

Jayne x 

Comments