Paper Craft Course Card Submissions: First of Three.

I have received the results of my latest paper craft assignment ... and I have passed!!!

It was a card making unit this time and I had to create and evaluate three card designs.


Time for Tea - This was one of my three submissions.

What I did

Ingredients:


  • A free stamp set Time for Tea from Cardmaking and Papercrafting magazine.
  • 8 x 8" white floral-shaped card stock,
  • 6 x 6" white floral-shaped card stock,
  • Range of colouring pencils,
  • Glue,
  • Foam pads,
  • Scissors.
Process:

  1. I cut the 6 x 6" card in half,
  2. Then stamped the teapot on it, trying to position the stamp in the middle of the card,
  3. Next, I stamped the sentiment and the teabag, not forgetting the macaroons! YUM!
  4. I glued the smaller card to the 8 x 8" card, 
  5. I stamped the flowers around the outer card and parts of the smaller card,
  6. I stamped the cute little bird three times
  7. My favourite bits: colouring the little bird, colouring the flowers,
  8. The smaller card was glued to the larger card,
  9. To give the card depth the little bird was decoupaged three times,
  10. I positioned his cute beak over the string of the teabag to make it look like it was carrying the teabag to the pot,

Techniques Used:

  1. Stamping,
  2. Decoupage,
  3. Colouring.

Finished!!

I loved this stamp set. I love colouring and decoupage and this set and design gave me the opportunity to do both.
But, I should have made the teapot a little more dimensional.

If my assessor agrees to, I will include her feedback.

When I have recovered from all this typing, I will include the other two submissions!



Please feel free to leave comments.

Comments